Monday, August 31, 2020

Lockwren - Entry 1 - Welcome to my Test

Queen Mabh had some nerve, sending me to this dreary dungeon, locking me up in the dark until someone found me. She really could have at least allowed me to get dressed into something more appropriate than a daydress and blazer. 

Oh well, I was able to make do. Anyone with the slightest survival skills shouldn't be afraid to run in heels, anyway. 

I'll show her... 

It took a while, but I was eventually freed by a group of quite mismatched adventurers, all quite friendly, albeit a little strange. But I do suppose you have to be mental to end up volunteering to excavate a place like this, a series of caves that seem to all center around dragons. It seems that we may be in the lair of some sort of cultist? In any case, I am looking forward to getting out of here. 

My newfound companions are all rather interesting. Little Coil is sweet, and I seem to possibly be finding a friend in Silas, despite everything. And Festus, our mechanical dragon, is as charming as ever and the perfect night watch companion. Even the others, who I do not know much about yet, are kind. They're strong, but I do think they need to learn a tad about fun. 

I cannot wait to take them shopping in the city someday, I have ideas for them all.

I must say, it has been enjoyable to discover the magics the Queen has given me. The the power is... it is always tempting. Tempting, yes, like a second glass of wine, like an embrace, like a clean kill. She told me to be weary of it, but it brings forth a certain elation, one I'd rather not let go of. 

It's funny, I don't really feel that high when I turn into Julian. Although, it was very amusing to surprise my companions with that little transformation. I believe they still aren't sure who they are addressing. Hopefully they will meet Julian some day, I'm sure their reactions will be rather special. 

Considering, of course, that I will ever see him again... 

I've been experimenting what I can do on various foe we meet here. Though I must say, the most interesting one so far has been having to fight the shadow of myself. And to be able to say that I killed my shadow as Julian, well, that should get some attention. 

At least now I know I look good while fighting, and that a black dress certainly suits this white hair I have chosen for myself. I'll have to go to a tailor's once we leave, the fight gave me an idea for a set of evening wear. 

And hopefully this time, it won't end up covered in blood. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christopher - Entry 7 - Vindication!

I got some rest, and am ready to write again, without having too much in my head.  After we spoke to the Rakshasa tiger man, I wanted to be ...