Friday, August 21, 2020

Lila - Entry 3 - Welcome back, I guess

 (The layout of blogger changed, it hasn't moved since I started in 2015 so my apologies if something looks off)


I believe loosing my mind fully warrants the three-month break from adventuring I took. Can't say the king will agree with me, with his son missing, but it was for the better. 

I haven't written in three months either, but it's not like I've done much until today either. I signed up for training in the arena, under the guidance of a cleric named Chief. He's one of the few I know I can trust. Anyway, he taught me to use my weapons in my defense, and to attack more quickly. 

Maybe now I'll be less dependent on the magics of the others. 

I feel... better about myself, I guess. Reading back the last entry, I was really on a verge. I guess beating my frustration into straw dummies helps. Also Ash and I got tipsy at the king's daughter's ball, and I think I'm still feeling that buzz. Probably wouldn't have started writing otherwise. But it's not like things haven't gone wrong. 

Mogron died. 

I'm gonna miss the guy. It's not often people remind me of my family in this strange land, and its even less often that people get me to laugh. Mogron, I hope heaven is the necro rave party you dreamed of. Or maybe hell, considering the necromancy... 

Now the others brought back a new girl. She's older than most of us and seems to be a healer of some kind. Tiala seems nice, almost motherly, but she is one of the profound ones. You say a few words and she knows too much, it's impressive. Although I'm not sure I believe her when she says that I can stop breaking things 'once I find the thing that cannot be stolen'. 

Anything can be stolen from you. It's just a matter of method. 

I'm really starting to miss home, Tae. 

I feel like most of my newfound friends fix things. They heal and work to make things better. I think the only one who also breaks things is Erim. I don't think he wants to, but whoever his god is just doesn't give him that choice. He has the heart of a fixer, but can't help but break. And I think that's the scariest position to be stuck in. 

Oh and Zagar was owned for years and didn't know about it? Not a good position either. I hope he figures that out, he seemed... well upset is an understatement. 

It's just now I realize, the king kind of owns us too. But instead of being slaves in the castle, he can send us to the 4 corners of his land to do his killing. 

Funny how the world works.  

Maybe breaking it isn't so wrong after all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christopher - Entry 7 - Vindication!

I got some rest, and am ready to write again, without having too much in my head.  After we spoke to the Rakshasa tiger man, I wanted to be ...