Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Lila - Entry 4 - Well Sh---

 So... His Majesty SunMan Helion Fancypants is mad at us. 

We got some letter this morning from him saying we were ignoring the job he gave us. To be fair we had other things on our to-do list, and it's not like his work kept us safe at all. 3 months is like 4 seconds for him, does he not realize we're all trying to better ourselves so that we can actually go through with his impossible tasks that even Mr. oh-so-special-sunshine can't seem to find the right people for? 

Anyway, we had 2 days to leave the city to go visit one of his temples. Only thing is, this temple is underwater, and the sky knows I cannot swim. 

So, with the High Lord mad at us and threatening our lives, we spent a day at the beach. 

Turns out swimming isn't so bad when you don't have to worry about drowning. I seem to be actually pretty good at it, which is a first. 

We then set out towards the underwater temple, 4 days aboard the Constellation. The captain is as dull as ever, nice to see he's doing well. The 4 days felt like an eternity, and there's only so much boat one can discover, so I continued helping out the crew. 

Once we hit the coral reef, though, things got weird. No more weird than usual, but it was a change of pace from the previous weeks for sure. 

The water itself started attacking us. 

Because of this, we figured we were near the temple.  The coral reef is beautiful, but we didn't have much time to explore it before Ash found the temple entrance, covered in so much seaweed, I'm pretty sure it was a service entrance that was abandoned since that land was dry. 

We swam around and found an air pocket with candles and a teleportation circle and some saying about faith in darkness and some boat headfigure. We turned the light of and Ash said something about Skadi and suddenly we found ourselves in a dining room. 

I hate dining rooms, we always end up almost dying in them. 

Three elves of some kind summoned a demon that looked like a giant version of the gorillas we saw at the zoo. The elves disappeared, leaving us against it. Erim took one look at the thing, snapped his fingers, and it was gone too. The whole ordeal took about 5 seconds... I'm still not quite sure what happened there. He mentioned banishment but at this point that could mean just about anything. 

When we actually had a moment to look around, we saw three more headfigures with things written on them. I forget what the others said, but one had "Remember me" written in theives cant. It would have been useful if it said who we had to remember. 

In the meantime, someone figured that if we gave one of the statues a spell, we'd be teleported to another room. Except they didn't figure out that that other room was a firey inferno of lightning and death.

One of the elves that summoned the creature was there setting fire to books. I ran to it and it turned around, sending lightning to my friends behind me. They started calling me back. Every bit of me screamed to go get back at that elf who hurt my friends, but... I didn't. I listened to them, for once, and ran back to them. We teleported back to the other room, and right away started looking at the other riddle I didn't understand. 

 After figuring out that we had to praise Vecna, of all people, we were suddenly in a living area. There were many abandoned bedrooms, and a broken teleportation circle. 

The dead elf reminded me of Ranil. Maybe it's a common trait they have, to be beautiful even in death. 

The elf was holding a note that told them to flee once 'they' arrived. I'm not sure if we are they, but they certainly believed it. 

We are back in the main room now, resting a bit before continuing. I don't like this place, and I'm starting to dislike our mission, and the [insert profanity here] royal who sent us to it. 

I'm glad I left a letter in my room that explains everything the others don't know, just in case. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christopher - Entry 7 - Vindication!

I got some rest, and am ready to write again, without having too much in my head.  After we spoke to the Rakshasa tiger man, I wanted to be ...