Thursday, July 16, 2020

Lockwren and Julian - a hypothetical situation

This is not a scenario that has happened. This is what would have happened if they were caught someday. This is in the form of a guard interview. Locke and Jules are in two different rooms, being asked the same questions.

GUARD: Lockwren / Julian LaChance, you are here because you are under arrest for thievery and forgery. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a potential court. We will be asking you questions, please answer truthfully

LOCKWREN: Go ahead, ask what you need, you already got me, you know I’m of questionable morals.

GUARD: What was your goal, when you used loaded dice to beat the governor? 

LOCKWREN: I just needed information. There’s somewhere I need to go, he had the information, he agreed to tell me if I won the game. I won, and he called for my arrest. Hardly seems fair.
GUARD: And loaded dice are ‘fair’?

LOCKWREN: Life has never been fair to me, I’m paying back. And you caught me changing appearance, are you really worried about my f*****g dice? 

GUARD: *sigh*
JULIAN: You know, there’s a certain fun that comes from stealing from rich people. They never expect it and when they’re robbed, the whole world goes bezerk. 

GUARD: So you’re admitting to stealing?

JULAIN: Look, man, I’m just saying driving rich people crazy is fun. Have you ever eaten messy food with gloves on, not caring that it gets everywhere, in front of a fancy crowd? They look at you like you’re a heathen. “Look at this guy, he has no manners, must be a street rat!” Little do they know I’ve probably been to more fancy balls than they ever will go to. 

GUARD: so you’re high-society scum? 

JULIAN: Ha, that would be something, wouldn’t it? Look at me, I can sneak into everywhere. ‘Inconspicuous’ may as well be my middle name. 

GUARD: Tell me, is Lockwren your accomplice? How did you meet? 

JULIAN: Ugh I should have known that this was gonna turn towards her. Fine. We’re... something, it’s all casual, but we have each other’s trust. That's what matters. We met when I tried to shoot her for scaring my target away.
LOCKWREN: *silent for a good 10 minutes* you son of a b***h *more silence*

LOCKWREN: Julian and I are… It’s complicated. He’s my one friend. We have each other’s back. We work together and live together and create our plots together. He is trying to get me the information I need and in exchange I distract his thieving targets. We met when we were, in fact, targeting the same man. The tax collector noticed my dice were loaded and started running after me. I ran into an alleyway and saw a man there in… well, what you are wearing. By the time I had my pistol out, he had one as well, aiming for my head. We were at a draw. He smiled and took off his costume, expressing his gratitude about finally being free. This was about a year ago. But I don’t see how this is any of your business.

GUARD: It’s all for the records. Every bit of information helps. So you work together. You distract patrons with a game of dice, or cards, or some of your appearance changing charm-

LOCKWREN: Charm? That’s my last resort. This is the look I choose. One has tried to abuse me because of my ‘charm’, so no. I stick with the dice and cards. Mention that one more time and –

GUARD: You’re chained to the table. But I’ll respect your request. You use your dice and cards to distract patrons while Julian steals. Tell me, what was your most important heist?
JULIAN: If by ‘most important’ you mean my favorite, it’s probably the king’s ball. We both dressed up real nice, she turned into a splitting image of some fancy dutchess, and boom, we were in. We stole what we needed, danced all night, and were finally respected. Its amazing how oblivious people are. 

GUARD: You mean- you mean you were the ones to-

JULIAN: That party last week gave us all the information Locke needed and enough gold for me to finally buy an apartment for us. And you already got us, but trust us. We’ll always find our way out. 

GUARD: Wait, how did you get out of your shackles?!

---TRANSMISSION ENDS HERE---

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christopher - Entry 7 - Vindication!

I got some rest, and am ready to write again, without having too much in my head.  After we spoke to the Rakshasa tiger man, I wanted to be ...