Saturday, July 18, 2020

Lila - Entry 2 - Mindless


Magic must have been created to put curses on people. I am sure of it. 

This past month has been… eventful. From learning to sail a ship to arriving in the largest city I have seen, I have learned a lot. 

I learned that blinding prisoners makes them useless, a dead man walking. I learned that not every person in a difficult situation can be helped without consequences. I learned that [REDACTED] And I learnt that my mind is a fragile thing. 

I learned all that the hard way. 

I know I’m not smart, or clever, or wise. I know I shouldn’t only rely on my instinct, but it is the only thing around here I understand. I know how to use a knife and hide and sneak up on those who try to hurt me and my friends. I know where to find good sweets and how to hide them from the others. I know how to be dangerous.

But when my mind was taken from me, I woke up scared. 

If magic can do that, what else can it do? What can’t it do? I was stuck mindless for days, and I do not know if I can stop it from happening again, or if my friends are being honest about what I missed in those days. 

I’m scared. I want my brother, and dad, and I want to be back in Fernsworth, where things made sense. 

I want to be back in my country, where I don’t find my name on the walls of a cult’s hideout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christopher - Entry 7 - Vindication!

I got some rest, and am ready to write again, without having too much in my head.  After we spoke to the Rakshasa tiger man, I wanted to be ...