Saturday, July 18, 2020

Christopher - Entry 2 - Hell is Weird

OK Ok so I haven't had a lot of time to write since I left my village but so much happened! When we got to Baldur's Gate some rich person kidnapped Gregory and I and threw us in cages for no good reason! Soon enough, we were saved by Zuzu (oh... Lazuli) and River! They are both super sneaky - people didn't even notice they were inside the fancy house we were locked in! We were attacked by guards but were able to run away quickly, thank goodness. You should have SEEN Greggy fight though, he was so cool!

After that everything was kinda blurry - we met a bunch of important people, one after another after another after... no I think it was just 3. We met all these people who told us we had to go to Avernus which was weird because I didn't think we could just go there like you go to the Midsummer festivals. But then it gets even weirder...

We met an Otter who was a wizard. He lived in a house just big enough for me and liked tea and was really cute... but he was an Otter. He let me help him make a portal for us to go to Avernus and suddenly we were just THERE! We were in the middle of Elturel, a city from the material plane that, one day, was just gone! At least we were in the right place, and not in the middle of the Styx!

As soon as we got there, we were attacked by all kinds of zombies and monsters that are actually pretty scary. At first I was scared of hurting them, but then Rivers said that it would be ok to hurt them, as they were already dead. So I tried, but I still don't like hurting them.

We quickly ran to a big citadel that was broken in half! There were a lot of refugees inside... they didn't have the time to leave their city before it was taken to Avernus. They said they needed help finding a man named Uldur, because he was important for them. They said he might be in the cemetery. To get there, I went up a tall tower and looked through Aiko's eyes to see the whole city and make a map of it, to get there quickly.

The cemetery had a bunch of weird things happening, but the weirdest thing was that Dove, our dragonborn friend, got scared. I let her keep Aiko while we all went down some stairs to find Uldur. Eventually, Bowie found a whip (which I think is a bad idea...) and we found Uldur!

He was inside a mausoleum thing, with Helm's Helm (original naming, artifact-makers...), on his head. He was screaming and there was a minotaur that was suddenly fighting us. Greg took the helm from Uldur and because a voice in his head told him to, he almost put it on! But Bowie made him freeze and we took the helmet away. I took my divination leafs and asked Hermes if we could throw the helmet into the portal (oh yeah there was a portal that monsters were coming from!). Hermes wasn't very clear with his answer, so River helped me take the helmet up to Dove's magical ring pantry.

We had to take the unconscious Uldur aaaall the way back to the temple! They healed him, thank goodness, but yeah, it was a weird few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christopher - Entry 7 - Vindication!

I got some rest, and am ready to write again, without having too much in my head.  After we spoke to the Rakshasa tiger man, I wanted to be ...